Planning your funeral and burial arrangements in advance can offer you and your family a number of emotional and financial benefits:
- More Time to Consider Your Options – You and your family will have time to research your options and make well-informed decisions, without feeling rushed.
- A Sense of Accomplishment – You'll feel good knowing that these arrangements have been taken care of.
- Fewer Family Concerns – Your surviving family members will have less to worry about in the event of your death.
- Allows your loved one to express their wishes – You'll know that the funeral and burial is exactly what your loved one would have wanted.
- The Pre-Payment Option – When you pre-pay, not only do you lock in today's prices but you also receive a pre-need discount designed to reward those who plan ahead. Our Family Service Counselor will explain each payment and financing option and will help you make the decision the best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Your Family Keeps More – When you pre-pay, your estate will owe nothing on funeral and burial expenses. More of your assets and life insurance proceeds go to your family.
- Save the Amount You Need – Once you gain an understanding of all the costs involved, you can earmark a portion of your savings to cover those costs.
- Fewer Last-Minute Expenses – When you plan in advance, your family incurs far fewer additional expenses at the time of the funeral and burial.
Note: When pre-planning in the Commonwealth of Virginia it is important to remember that there are two sets of arrangements that must be made: one at the cemetery (burial arrangements) and one at the funeral home (funeral arrangements). Any cemetery can give you contact information on local funeral homes and vice versa. Please call us or contact us on-line if you have any questions. To request more information regarding pre-planning, or to begin the pre-planning process, please call us at 703-323-5202. Or you can complete our easy online Pre-Planning Form now.